Tuesday, February 19, 2013

IF YOU GIVE ME A $25 J. CREW GIFT CARD...

It necessitates a trip to Denver, Colorado so I can see my daughter and let her spend it (and add some more to it, of course, everybody knows that only buys a pair of socks there) at her favorite store...
and while I'm in Colorado, we might as well do some fun stuff together, like visit the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory in Boulder...
where you get to wear pretty blue hair nets while in the factory 
(somehow my girl lost hers when it came time for this pic!)...
then when you decide you've had enough tea they encourage you to check out the Leanin' Tree Art Gallery (another freebie) down the road, so you go and check out the cowboys...
and the incredible horses...
by that time your little dogies might be tired so you certainly have to go get them taken care of...
so you can help your girl become a true Coloradan (?) Denverite (?) by purchasing her own skis at the big REI sale...
and by that time you are WAY TOO TIRED to cook, so you have to eat at all the funky restaurants she's been wanting to try out...


and that's what happens when I earned the gift card from J. Crew.  My darling husband gave me some airline miles so I could visit my girl and enjoy a long weekend with her.  We had a lot of fun without all those boys to distract us and I enjoyed staying in her little basement apartment with her!  


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to go visit! I was actually thinking about her today and wondering when you all would see her again. I do that a LOT.....think of something that is actually happening or has happened and I didn't know about. Glad you got to go!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

How fun!

Lori said...

Love it! Glad you two got to do so much fun stuff together. Makes me can't wait to see my girl here in March and then go see her there after that!

Michelle said...

What a fun mother daughter time! I love spending time with just my mom, althought right now I don't get a lot of time just me and her, so glad you all got to spend some time together!