Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER...

and last night was one of those times. An event that I'm involved with quarterly at church, RefresHER, was put on last night by the YOUNGEST GROUP EVER - Youth Group girls and also Launch class (recent college grads) women. I meet with them several months before, and help the process along. To be able to give young ladies experiences in planning events, serving food, speaking to large groups, leading singing, leading table discussions, working sound and powerpoint presentations and leading prayers is just so exciting to me and very encouraging for the future! Helped by the youth ministers, they added some fun with a trivia game and even let us write "Advice to a 16 year old" on cards that were read at the end of the night. I'm smiling just thinking about it and I think God is too!Our speakers! They encouraged us to know our story, be a mentor, and listen to the Holy Spirit daily.
Rainboot decor from many youth group girls!

Let the older ladies teach the younger...
Launch class leader who is so sweet and enthusiastic!
Great sound and computer tech from a 15 yr old!

2 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'm very sad I missed last night. One of my kids had 4 events he was supposed to attend last night and the other two had an event a piece.

Lori said...

So neat! The rainboot decor is cute, too!