Sunday, March 6, 2011

CIABATTA PIZZA...

Don't know why this even has the name pizza in it. It tastes nothing like pizza. But it is delicious! Another one of our Friday night cooking dates:
Step 1: Carmelize two sliced onions.
Step 2: Cut one loaf Ciabatta bread in half. Drizzle with 4 T. olive oil and 4 T. Tangerine Fig Balsamic Culinary Sauce. YUM!
Layer onions, 6oz. crumbled blue cheese or feta, then 6 slices prosciutto. Top with 6 oz. crumbled goat cheese. Broil for approximately 10 minutes on middle rack of oven.
Garnish with fresh chopped basil and more of the Tangerine Fig Balsamic!

Bella!!!


P.S. The Tangerine Fig Balsamic Culinary Sauce came from Gourmet Gallery. I probably would not have even made this recipe, but the sauce came in one of their monthly club bags I received. If trying new recipes and products interests you, you would like the monthly Gourmet Club!

3 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I should look into that for Bill. He's really intersted in cooking these days.

Unknown said...

Sounds really good! I think I've been in that store, too.

OK Chick said...

I love Gourmet Gallery! I used to work (part-time) at a kitchen store that was similar to Gourmet Gallery.