Saturday, May 1, 2010

LEAKY VESSELS...

Yes, I know, I know, last week I wrote about how MY CUP OVERFLOWS...and now LEAKY VESSELS?




I've been reading a marriage book, LOVE AND WAR, by John and Staci Eldredge. They reminded me of a concept I had not thought of in a long time.

WE ARE ALL LEAKY VESSELS.

No matter what we think will fill us up, it slowly leaks out and we desire more. I run races, plan events, go on vacations, enjoy my children, and what do I want? MORE...It happens with our marriages too.

Let's face it - we are insatiable. We have in each of us a famished craving. An aching void. A returning hunger. If we are not aware of this, and if we don't know how to handle it, our insatiability will do a lot of damage.

The authors remind men that they can have the best sex, but want it again the next morning. Women can have the most intimate conversation, deep soul connection, but want it again the next day. We are all leaky vessels. But there is some good news! Our heavenly Father is like a continual fountain...an everlasting fountain...one that will never fail. There is HOPE!

Psalm 36:9 FOR YOU ARE THE FOUNTAIN OF LIFE...

2 comments:

Lori said...

Robin, this is so true! Whatever our need is, it can be insatiable, and we just want more and more...whether it's something in our marriage or in another part of our life. God is the only one who can truly meet all of our needs and the sooner we "get" that, the better off we and everyone around us will be. Thank you for this very thought-provoking post.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

I loved this post! Needed to hear that!