Thursday, April 29, 2010

RED HAT TEA PARTY...


Yes, I did! I didn't expect to be going to one of these things for at least...well....20 more years! But would you believe the day I picked to go see my Grandma in the Rehab Hospital this week was RED HAT TEA PARTY DAY! WooHoo!

Apparently reps from different Home health care/Hospice companies come every few weeks and do things like this so the patients will pick them to do their dying with! (Yea, I don't care that I am grammatically incorrect!) Anyway, the party guy brought his Otis Spunkmeyer oven and cookies and we had a party. Poor guy, he looked so uncomfortable...as he offered the ladies (and one man) the cookies he had just baked, he made the mistake of telling them that Snickerdoodles were still baking in the oven. Of course, 3/4's of the ladies wanted Snickerdoodles! There was lots of interesting conversation that afternoon...

Can't wait for the NURSING HOME CARNIVAL next month!

3 comments:

Lori said...

How fun! I may want to go next month! :)

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

That is really funny.

We had 2 ladies from Tealridge come and be test monitors today. The one lady told our counselor the same story several times.

Alyssa said...

I have never heard of those kind of parties at nursing homes. Choose us to do your dying with? It's just so wierd.