Wednesday, February 28, 2018

WHAT ICE STORMS ARE GOOD FOR...

I've been tackling a major project lately.  Just the thing to do when the weather keeps you inside!  Approximately 25 years of double print pictures that I've been intending to sort and make into albums for a while are finally getting sorted into three piles, one per kid...
(this is just a small representation of the mess ;))

It's kind of crazy when you think about the change in photography/prints the last 20 years.  As I developed pictures, I got double prints to do the kid's albums LATER.  I made family and vacation albums for a long time, but I've switched to Shutterfly the last ten years.  But even though I'm not as crazy about scrapbooking as I once was, it would be a real shame to just toss all these memories.  I think hope my kids will appreciate them.

Do you have piles like mine?  I have a new plan to get me through them, and I'm really excited about it.  Maybe by putting it in print, it will encourage me to actually get it done.  It's been nagging at me for a while.  Like, years!  Here's my Declutter/Make Albums plan:
  • Forget exact dates/years of each picture.  Although many have the date on the back, for these albums it won't be important.  Sort into categories: Baby, Preschool, School, Easter, Halloween, Christmas, different seasons, birthday, sports, performances, vacations, etc.
  • Have 2-4 pages for each category, then move on.
  • Choose only the best of the best pictures.  More is not necessarily better!
  • Hit it hard right now while life is kinda slow and the weather is cold.
  • Plan to work hard on it when The Hubs is out of town and I can make a mess.
  • Think about the joy on their faces when they receive the albums this Christmas!
  • Think about the joy I will feel to have this mess gone through and my motherly duty as keeper of the memories completed!  LOL



Anyway, I'm tackling it and hopefully each of my kids will wind up with an album of memories.  Blogging may take a back seat for a while...


3 comments:

Amy said...

oh goodness! what a job! I need to tackle that one myself. Good luck.

OK Chick said...

I need help loading pictures. Did something change on here because Blogger is not allowing me to add a picture.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

No, I don't think so! I usually just have the pictures I want to use for blogging on my desktop. Then when you are working on your post just go up to the tool bar and click the picture icon and it should let you choose from the items on your desktop.