Tuesday, January 2, 2018

HOME MADE CHRISTMAS GIFTS...

This year I wanted to do something with maps.  For one reason, we have several that are leftover from vacations that I felt I would never use again!  I also wanted to do something with our state shape because I love the t-shirts and other things I have seen like this.  So here's what I came up with:

 State blocks - really easy when you have leftover wood pieces.  I sanded the edges, used spray adhesive to glue the state shape onto the block, then added a little heart sticker to indicate the area where our relatives live.  
 I also made these Santa ornaments from some seed pods in our yard - painted them, and added a jute loop with hot glue.  I collected the pods in late summer.
These pencil cups are for those in our family who don't live in OK - just made from cans, spray adhesived the map strips, then also did a 2 inch strip inside the can.  

I didn't get a good picture of the homemade gifts from the extended family - we didn't have a big get-together this year but I will tell you the other gifts were Home-made spaghetti sauce in a jar, a little tree made with musical note-paper, and a garland.

Now for the Grand Finale!
My kids (and their spouses) made me a beautiful gift!  They recorded a few songs on a CD!  My daughter-in-law did the artwork - a watercolor snowflake!  Love hearing their beautiful voices whenever I want.  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

The last gift - the CD! How great!!!