Tuesday, July 4, 2017

GARDEN PLAY...

Play is good for you no matter your age!  Way back in college I learned in early childhood education that play is essential for children.  It's how they learn.  A few days ago I decided it was time to play.  I took a much needed morning off from my phone, emails and other ministry related items.  
 I cleaned out my vegetable garden of these flowers that were taking over and have been enjoying this little arrangement from the "trash" of the garden.  I needed a heavy vase so the wind wouldn't tip it over so I repurposed a candle holder.
This door to nowhere has been here in the wild part of our yard and I wanted to embellish it so I added these English ivy vines I saved when we took down a large tree.  The vines were over 17 years old and had taken over.  They were kind of cool looking though, the way they had woven together, so I played around and at my daughter's suggestion, made these "blinds" for the window.

I put these in a pot for this little plant to climb up on. Upon?  Eh, not worrying about it.

What do you do in your playtime?

No comments: