Thursday, August 18, 2016

WOW FOR THOUGHT...




One of my favorite things in the summer is a Wednesday night class full of praise and worship music.  It's called WOW,  Wonder of Worship.  Our song leader teaches a new song every time.  It's a great pick-me-up and if you were a kid that enjoyed summer camp, that's the kind of "camp-high" feeling it gives me.

Last night the song leader shared a story of a family who is truly showing their FAITH IN ACTION right now.  A picture of a beautiful girl flashed on the screen.  Three weeks ago their oldest teenage daughter was in a car accident and is still comatose. They are disappointed.  They are angry.  But they said they will praise the Lord if she gets better, and if she does not.  They told our song leader when asked, "Yes, tell her story.  We need all the prayers we can get.  But make it about HIM."  

It touched my heart as I reminisced over my own husband's tree accident 10 years ago, and the feelings I had during that time.  

I looked at the row in front of me and saw a man sitting there without his wife, because his wife suffers from MS and cannot always come to church.  Just behind me was a friend who lost her husband at a young age to cancer, struggled with her three kids, and has since remarried.  Across the aisle from us was a couple who has recently lost their son to suicide.  All of these people are in church, singing their hearts out to praise the Father.  So many stories of faith.

Look around you.  Who do you see putting their FAITH IN ACTION?  


It's quite amazing and inspiring.  But even more so, is our God!




2 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful thoughts. We are all broken in some way. Mending our hearts through Jesus is the only way to find joy in the midst of pain.

Unknown said...

That is definitely a WOW worship. Thanks for sharing <3