Friday, January 17, 2014

UPGRADING CHICKEN ENCHILADAS...

A family favorite, made in my new casserole dish!


Chicken Enchiladas

4-5 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Cream of chicken soup
Small can green chilies
13 oz. Evaporated milk
8 oz. Velveeta cheese
16 small flour tortillas

Heat soup, chilies, milk, and cheese.  Add chicken breast to the mixture.  Spoon 2 tablespoons into the middle of tortilla and roll gently, placing it into greased pan.  Bake 25-30 minutes.  Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa.

Chicken Enchiladas, UPGRADED

4-5 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Cream of chicken soup - Healthy request
Small can green chilies
13 oz. Evaporated milk - 2 %
4 oz. 2% Velveeta cheese
Laughing Cow Queso Fresco lite- 6 triangles
16 small corn or corn/flour mix tortillas

My main upgrade here is cutting the cheese in half.  I did that by adding the Laughing Cow cheese for flavor and spread it on each tortilla before spooning in the chicken mixture.  I've also made the conversion to plain Greek yogurt for my sour cream.  Next time I should make my own cream of chicken soup and chop my own green chilis!

No comments: