Saturday, December 8, 2012

FINALS FUEL...

for the college kids!  I decided to have a little Come & Go Christmas party for the college kids we know.  They've got finals next week.  The nice thing is you don't have to make any fancy invitations for college kids!  My objective was to have lots of goodies to munch on, no real sit-down dinner so that maybe we'd have a chance to chat with more of them one-on-one.  That part worked out pretty well, but MAN was the food a lot of work!  All the meaty appetizers were gone - I think there was a little spinach dip left, so I probably should remember for next time to make more things with meat! Or just have sandwiches on the side.   I started several days earlier, making as much as possible ahead of time.  Here's the menu, pretty much my favorite things:

Sausage Balls
Devil on Horseback
Spinach Dip
Hawaiian Hotdogs
Pizza Rolls
Cheese tray
Grapes
Cake Balls
Christmas Trash
Puppy Chow
Banana Bread
Apple Cider Punch



Got to meet my nephew's future MIL!

And one of our "old" college kids stopped by with her husband!

My son (with his new SHORT hair) and some New Reign girls

and a roommate -  told me his Mother will probably hate the mustache!



It's always fun to discover your child has taken pictures with your camera!  This is another roommate.  The kids knew these would end up on the blog, obviously!

Ack!  Not me.
What?
This one's cute even if it wasn't meant to be...

Something good for later...Party favors!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

I know they enjoyed that! I remember when Valari did that for Theta in college, it was great!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Yummy menu.

Amy said...

What a great night. The food looked super!

Unknown said...

Appetizers are a lot of work and do take a lot of time. That's why I am so thankful my kiddos are able to help me now for the Thanksgiving Eve food! I know your group enjoyed their evening with al of your special touches!