Thursday, August 19, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL: THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY...

THURSDAY: My youngest is starting high school. UNBELIEVABLE.

FRIDAY: My oldest is returning to college after spending 10 whole days in OK this summer. I'm not bitter, I promise.

SATURDAY: My middle one is starting college. After a conversation with him early this morning (I mean EARLY - he came in at 1:30 a.m.) he hugged me and told me he loved me. That kid can still melt my heart.

MY BRAIN IS MUSH RIGHT NOW...wondering if everyone has everything they need, if I've taught them the skills they need, praying to the ONE who supplies all our needs!

8 comments:

Summer said...

THey will do great! And you are a fabulous Mom! I admire you so much!

Lori said...

Wow, you must really be on overload right now with THREE different back to schools back to back!!! I can't imagine...it makes me miss my ONE who is out of school already!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Robin, you are doing great, they are going to be great, and I too admire you and your dedication to raising godly children!

Gena said...

Ok, I saw your high schooler running with the cross country team today. Oh my goodness, he was putting the other boys to shame with that tan. If it wasn't him, he has a twin!

Lori said...

Thinking of you! I hadn't thought of Dawson being in HS even though he's in-between L & Z. I guess that means Z will be next year - yikes! It seems strange to me for Tyler to be the only one in elementary this year.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

yes, he runs cross-country!

Sarah said...

I was just sitting here thinking this whole sending them off HAS to get easier....I guess not. :) I suppose it makes sense that it never will get easier.

Thank you for going ahead of us and letting us know what to expect. Will you hold hand when mine go off to high school and college? And who reads "The Kissing Hand" on the first day of college? Or do they do that during new student orientation? haha

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sarah, I think it gets easier until college maybe. Then you are hit hard again. :)