Wednesday, December 23, 2009

THE AWKWARD FAMILY PARTY...

turned out okay! PRETTY FUN, in fact! I think lots of us have some awkward feelings when getting together with extended family. We're related, but not much alike. Well, I hosted ours this past weekend, and it was really fun, at least from my perspective. The awkward stuff was that my aunt, the LIFE OF EVERY PARTY, was not able to attend due to surgery complications. Also, my cousin, who had been in prison for about 7 years, came with his son, who I hadn't seen in that many years as well. I'm happy to report that he seemed happy and hopefully no more trouble in his future! My uncle, a farmer, brought a lot of good food - NOT YOUR TYPICAL CHRISTMAS FARE - but we all enjoyed it. He and his wife brought cream crowder peas, and butternut squash. Paired with my onion casserole, pork tenderloin, and bacon explosion, it was an interesting meal! The other neat thing was that all my grandmother's great grandkids were together for the first time in 7 years!!!














We have played Dirty Santa for many years, and usually we play some other type of game. This year I found a really fun game on the internet that was a hit for the kids! We divided them into two teams. The object was to make reindeer antlers out of pantyhose and balloons. They had to blow up the balloons and stuff them into the pantyhose. After it was all over, it really turned the little guy into a wild reindeer!













MERRY CHRISTMAS AND MAY ALL YOUR FAMILY PARTIES GO WELL!

2 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great post and fun pictures! It's nice to know that others have awkward family parties!

Alyssa said...

Sounds fun! I'm so gonna copy you next year!