Monday, March 16, 2009

$1.54


Yes, I got it all for $1.54! I have always been a fan of couponing. Being a stay-at-home Mom makes it necessary, in my opinion. Personally, I love the challenge of saving without running all over town or buying items you wouldn't necessarily use. Anyway, I've been following a couple of blogs about this and recently have been introduced to the world of CVS Extra Care Bucks. I used them occasionally since we use CVS for our prescription medicines, but had never shopped there on a weekly basis, until recently. Read more about it on "Keeping the Kingdom First." She is awesome! She issues a CVS $5 challenge each Sunday and others comment on how to get the best deals. Here's what I did today:

Transaction #1:
Irish Spring Body Wash
2- 4oz. Wheat Thins

I used $5 Extra Care Bucks I made from last week, 1 coupon for Irish Spring, 1 coupon for Wheat Thins, so my final cost was $.64, and I made $4.99 in ECB's from the purchase of the Irish Spring.

Transaction #2
2 boxes of Band-Aids

I used $4.99 Extra Care Bucks I just made on transaction #1, and 2 coupons for Band-Aids. It cost me $.90, and I made $3 in ECB's from the purchase of Band-Aids to use next week.

So, today I actually spent $1.54 in cold hard cash. Little things make me happy! :)

No comments: