Saturday, February 1, 2020

SURPRISE SCRIPTURES...

This year, as part of my morning ritual,  I plan to continue what I did last year, writing scripture each day in a planner, to help memorize and "write it on my heart."  I write the same scripture for a week.  This time instead of picking 52 scriptures ahead of time, I decided to let the Bible app choose for me.  I wake up on Monday morning and look forward to seeing what the verse will be.  I use their "Verse of the day" feature.  It's been fun and I enjoy the surprise!



Last week was a verse from Amos about justice.  I ended up reading the whole chapter and thinking more about this (mostly sad) book. Some of these obscure scriptures are worth a second and third look.  It's a good exercise to make me think about God's story and my place in it.   I'm looking forward to seeing what else the Lord has in store for me!

No comments: