Friday, November 1, 2019

BEAUTIFUL HOSPITALITY...




Recently The Hubs and I were the recipients of some really beautiful hospitality!  I mean, our hosts REDEFINED THE WORD!

We decided to go on a long road trip (to Maine) without a lot of prior planning.  The Hubs got laid off his job, which I haven't blogged about yet.  But he had the time and the hotel points, so we decided to go.  He wanted to go to Maine to see a co-worker who had extended the invitation to come to Portland.  So, we did!

They treated us like ROYALTY.  I mean, seriously.  I had never met his wife, and she hugged me upon meeting me, and we got along wonderfully.  She cooked a wonderful dinner the night we arrived.  Our room had fresh flowers in it and chocolates on the night stand.  Plus, a gift on the bed of Maine ball caps for us to wear.  So sweet!  There was a white starfish in every room, I think.  It was her signature.  I noticed on two screen doors on the back the white starfish was in the frame of the door.  Coastal charm!




The next day we were out until the afternoon, and when we got in, our friend took us out to see lighthouses.  He also told us about a great bakery that we should stop at in the morning - and we did!  Great to get tips from a local!  For dinner we all went out to one of their favorite fish restaurants, Scales, right on the wharf.  IT. WAS.AMAZING!  I tried 3 new kinds of fish that night:  Octopus, Haddock, and Mussels.  The sauces were so good!  Definitely the best fish I've ever had.




We stayed two nights, but it felt like much more.  You know, hospitality doesn't mean you have to put out fresh flowers and chocolates.  It's more about having an attitude of love.  We have offered beds to many throughout the years, but I have to say it's never been on this level.  I hope as long as we can offer hospitality to others, we will.  Maybe I will step up my game after this lovely stay, though!

I will forever LOVE PORTLAND, MAINE, because of this wonderful couple! 


No comments: