Friday, January 4, 2019

WORD FOR THE YEAR...

My WORD for the year is not really one word this time.  It's a scripture.  Last fall I came across a verse that I have loved since I was a teenager.  I have a memory of a workshop at church where we color-coded our Bible with colored markers, and the instructors taught us a song from Psalm 19.  The song is called, "More to be desired are they than gold," and I found this version on youtube (a little slower than I remember).  I have always remembered the verse just because of that song!  I kept thinking about it and how it expressed something that would be a good goal for me to work on for the new year.

LET THE WORDS OF MY MOUTH AND THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART BE ACCEPTABLE IN THY SIGHT,O LORD,MY ROCK AND MY REDEEMER.PSALM 19:14

My focus is primarily on the meditation of my heart, although my mouth can use some work, too!  Thank God for his AMAZING GRACE!  One way I plan to focus on this scripture this year is to meditate on His Word by memorizing 52 scriptures, one for each week.  I'm writing the chosen verse each day in my planner.  I asked The Hubs to join me in this! I got prepared by writing 52 verses on index cards.   Also, I may blog more about the scriptures and do some artwork.  Regarding the "words of my mouth," I plan to read a book that has proven to be a popular Bible study for the women of our church this last year, called Keep It Shut.  I'm cutting down my Facebook time to 10 minutes each morning and evening, although I will say it's hard when you are out in public, waiting for something and you have nothing to do.  It seems harmless to go there on your phone.  So I'm trying to figure out exactly what my resolution looks like in different circumstances.  Maybe I can use that time to look at the Bible app on my phone?



Let me know if you have any great ideas!  Do you have a WORD or a goal you are planning to pursue this year?




No comments: