Friday, July 18, 2014

LETTING OUR HAIR DOWN...



So that dating me or what?!  Do you know what it means to 
"let your hair down?"  

About 15 months ago, the hubs and I made a move to another class at church, a request from the elders.  Our goal was to encourage and get to know the members.  They're good Christian people with struggles but they persevere despite this crazy life.  They're a busy lot, many sandwiched between parent/child care.  They are volunteers, often times teaching children's classes.  Thankfully twelve of us were able to get together for a Ladies' Bunko night and we had some great fun.  We laughed and laughed as they told stories from long ago.   We let our hair down and took our masks off for a little while.  I feel like I've got some more friends now and I'm learning to love them.  It just takes time.  

Take some time to enjoy the summer and let your hair down!



No comments: