Tuesday, October 6, 2009

STINKY PROPOSAL...


I'm talking about our cat, who has gotten sprayed by a skunk not once, but TWICE in the past week! I think the fact that she's a beautiful tuxedo kitty must be attracting some male skunk. Or maybe he's living under our shed and doesn't like being interrupted. I don't know which, but it's our first experience up close and personal with a skunk (not counting the baby one that swam in our pool until Animal Control came). My kids help tremendously - NOT - going around the house, complaining and turning on fans, while I gather her up in a bath towel, get into the shower with her, and douse her with a concoction of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Dawn. I've got the scratches to prove it! Add the scratches to the rope burn on my ankle and my sore bum from Elizabeth's challenging Monday workout and I'm ready to go back to bed...

4 comments:

Michelle said...

same thing has happened to our dog...one time I even saw the skunk in the corner of our yard, it was so strange.....our dog, gets to stay outside most of the time now...

Alyssa said...

You got into the shower with your cat? You are so brave! Also, you are so strong to climb a rope!! Wow! I'm impressed.

jenn b said...

I'm with Alyssa, after this post, my respect for you has jumped to a whole new level!! ;)

Lori said...

I'm wondering if the cat has learned a lesson to stay away from the skunk? Of course, the cat may not be doing anything! We've got skunks around, but thankfully the dog hasn't been sprayed (yet).