Tuesday, January 22, 2019

WAYS TO LEARN MORE SCRIPTURE...



So I'm into week 4 this year of memorizing one scripture a week!  Maybe it's NBD to you, but honestly, it's been a while for me since I've made an effort to memorize something.  It's been a good challenge and I'm definitely feeling that my mind has been focused on the good things found in Philippians 4:8!

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think on these things.  Philippians 4:8

BOOM!  Did that from memory!  Sorry, but it's okay to boast in the Lord, right?  😃

I just wanted to share a few ways I'm trying to make this more a part of my everyday life:


  •   Writing the scripture of the week in my planner each day 
  •   Posting the scripture on the refrigerator (My refrigerator does not have anything else on it)
  •  Writing it on a sticky note and placing it in the car next to the radio
  •   Asking The Hubs at dinner time if he's learned the scripture, and reciting it
  •  Changing my computer desktop photo to one with the scripture on it  
  •  Writing additional thoughts on the scripture's meaning in my daily planner
  •  Doing some Bible Journaling about the scripture
  •  Sharing the scripture on Instagram


I'm still learning new ways to incorporate it into my life.  It's funny how I will catch a glimpse of the scripture on the fridge or in the car, then challenge myself to say it without looking.  Filling up my thoughts with God's Word is excellent!




No comments: