Tuesday, November 2, 2021

FEELING GROUPY...

 Looking for fun and feeling GROUPY!  :)

Sorry, that song popped into my mind just as I started this post!  We've committed to several new things lately, all small groups.  So all of a sudden The Hubs and I have a busy life again!  But we're excited about it.  We had gotten a little lazy with all the Covid precautions.

One group we started is a Q group (small group meeting) with some other families in our Bible class at church.  We have been meeting every Sunday evening at our home and so far, it's been really good.  We've had one dinner together and also had a fun "service" project - decorating a car for our church's Trunk or Treat and passing out candy to the little ones!  We had a lot of fun with a Jonah and the Whale theme.  

The Hubs and I were jellyfish!

Another group that I'm in is a new program for women at church called Heartfelt.  It is a mentoring-type group with several older women (ahem, that would be me) and several younger women.  We meet once a month, in one of the homes, and the older women serve dinner, have a devotional, and teach a skill or do some type of craft with the younger.  In September we met in my home and I showed them how I divide my aloe vera plants and re-pot them.  They all got to take home an aloe vera baby.  In October we made toilet roll pumpkins.  They sound funny but they're really easy and cute!

Toilet paper roll, batting, a fabric napkin,cinnamon sticks, and fake leaves...
What do you think of our pumpkins?

Finally, we started meeting with friends playing games once a month.  This month their kids had come for a visit from TN so we extended the invite to any of our kids that could come.  It feels good to have some fun things to do and look forward to...even though I'm an introvert.  I need organized things like this to get me out and have some things to do!  

Playing Fish bowl with long-time friends

How about you?  Have you returned to activities?  Do you like structured times of activity with others or are you more of a spur-of-the-moment kind of person?  I'm sure there's an Enneagram number for this but I'm not into all that.  :)





No comments: