Thursday, April 8, 2021

CONFUSED...

 



I don't know when I've been in a more confusing time.  The world is confused.  Do we still wear masks or not?  Do we get the vaccine or not?  Do we trust our leaders or not?  My personal world feels the same as well.  Some days I have to act as a parent, some days I'm getting parented.  Dealing with an aging parent is difficult.  It drags me down.  I try to be the rational one and not get too excited over it but sometimes I just want to curl up in the comfy chair and sleep.  Anticipation of what is to come is saddening.  

There are some bright spots.  I am more into Jesus Christ and his Word than ever before.  Loving my morning time!  Spring is here and the earth is renewing itself once again despite hardships over the winter.  I get to walk almost daily with my husband.  He listens to me without judgement.  We were invited to an event at church for the young adults and it was refreshing to my soul. My sweet son-in-law led the songs.  So many reasons to be thankful!  

Anticipation of heaven is what my focus should be on, but sometimes it's hard to see past the present. How do we keep on going?  Remembering.  Remembering the past, the hard things He's brought us through.  Being grateful.  Seeing all those little things that God created.  Knowing his Word!  Knowing that He does not change.  He is our good Creator, and will bring us through this.  I am reminded of a saying I love that has changed my view of others:  

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

1 comment:

Mark Brewer said...

I think we've learned some hard things about ourselves and our communities in this season of the pandemic. Not all of it is good. There is lots of underlying stress still around as people are trying to define the new normal or find their way back to the old normal. Masks are one example but there are many.

I think we also learned things about our communities, both good and bad. Still processing some of it here.

Hope you are doing well.