Monday, August 14, 2017

HOW ABOUT YOURS...



How's your routine?

Sometimes we feel we are just going through the motions. Our heart is not in our work. I am constantly striving to make my life a fluid movement with God as the Master Teacher.  Still, sometimes I stumble and fall out of line…

I was able to join my husband on a business trip to New York City recently, where we attended a musical production.  It was fabulous to say the least!  Gifted, well-rehearsed performers in a beautiful theatre with gorgeous costumes, music and lights put on a wonderful show.  It was a thing of beauty.  I’ve watched a lot of high school productions, too, as my children performed through the years.  I loved them all – how can you not when it’s your child and their friends?  Some of the kids were gifted performers and excellent with the choreography, some were not.  Some reminded me of snappy cheerleaders; some like a herd of elephants!  But with time they became more confident and the movements become more natural and beautiful.  They gained stage presence and became something truly enjoyable to watch.  Their heart was in their performance and it showed in their smile. 

How about your life – your routine? Does your heart match your movement?  No matter what comes, we can be confident as we live life, because as believers we have the actual Spirit of God helping us. Galatians 5:25 reminds us “if we live by the spirit to keep in step with the Spirit.” We keep in step by paying attention to the Word, listening to the Master Teacher, and practicing! Rely on Him to make your routine into a thing of beauty.

Sometimes I wish I was a dancer; with beautiful movements to match the music.  But even more, I hope my heart for God shows in the rhythm of life as it comes. 





No comments: