Friday, December 4, 2009

ANOTHER DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BOYS AND GIRLS...


is apparently school events, like the WINTER FORMAL, are not quite as big a deal for boys. For the second year in a row, I have known NOTHING about it until my son's date says something to me. EMBARRASSING! Last year it went something like this: The girl who asked my son to go with her (it's like a Sadie Hawkins thing for you old-timers) comes up to me after church with her camera, and says, "Would you like to see my dress for the Winter Formal?" "Sure," I say! "That's pretty!" After an AWKWARD SILENCE, she says, "You don't know that we're going to the dance together, do you?" NICE...but now at least I know what kind of corsage to buy and get a tie so my son can match...

So it happened again this week. A mother/daughter called me from Dillard's to tell me they had bought a dress..."would you Iike to see it? Oh, did he tell you they're going to the dance? No?"

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!

A quick trip to TJ Maxx and we got a neat tie and the decision was made not to do corsages/boutonneirres!

2 comments:

Summer said...

I am trying to prepare myself for things like this....I have a feeling Bode will be the exact same way.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Wow, I'm not that far from this kind of stuff. How depressing and frustrating.

Dawson did a good job last night at the concert.