Sunday, July 19, 2009

FACEBOOK FRACAS....LOVE THY ENEMIES


I hate stuff like this...my son left his facebook up when I went to check the computer. No, I'm not one of his FRIENDS. We haven't forced the issue. Had I known more about it when my older two kids joined, maybe I would have. But he's got friends who will and have let me know if something's inappropriate. I've been on Facebook for almost a year now, reconnecting with high school friends and making new ones. I really enjoy it - mostly for the sharing of pictures and randomness. But tonight, I get on and see his page up, which happens occasionally. I check out camp pics, and what pops up but the chat box with a message from another boy at church which says, HOMO, and YOU EAT POO-POO. So, that's real nice. What's a mother to do? Guess we'll have the LOVE THY ENEMIES discussion again. Maybe I'll find out it was all a big joke....

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think they should have a facebook, or internet Christlike class for the youth group, sometimes those kids need to be reminded about appropriateness!

Gena said...

I think part of that is just teenage boys, no matter if they are friends from church or not. I don't know. When you get it all figured out, pass on the advice. I'm terrified for the teenage years.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

UPDATE...so I talked to my son about it. He basically said, "Mom, consider the source. I have no problems with this guy, he's just different." I have to agree. I have decided not to mention it to his mother, unless it happens frequently.....could've been worse, I suppose. Just letting you guys peek in to our life with teens!!!